Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mulling over several options

Today was my last day at work and now I have nothing but time to think about what it is that I'm going to be doing next. I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone including my mom which is very rare. All I'm thinking about is 'what now?'. The answer is very simple, "I have no idea". I'm too tired to think right now and I need to clear my mind and really create an atmosphere where I can think without prejudice or influence of any kind. I am sad, I am tired, I am frustrated, I am broken, I am exhausted, I am exactly what I wanted to avoid when I arrived in Cairo. This country is not exactly 'woman friendly' as nothing here caters to making a woman's life easy. It's a man's world and it will never change. I have fought hard to keep strong and be true to myself but the odds are against me, the rules are against me, the game is not a game that includes women. This is not what  I'm used to. I need to regroup, reassess and replan my next step. I need time as my options aren't exactly what I had planned for a 'plan b', in fact they weren't even considered.

Time to think and the scary thing is, I don't have much time.

No comments:

Post a Comment